Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! For Easter I had a lovely dinner at my parents'. My cousins' girlfriend is from out of town and is visiting, so she was there too. In total there were seven of us, which for our family dinners really isn't that many people! The rest of my family eats pretty much anything (although Dad tries to avoid gluten) so they had a turkey. Other than the turkey and turkey gravy, our entire meal was vegan. I've trained them well. ;)

We had: mashed potatoes, vegan mushroom gravy, peppers roasted in balsamic, sweet potatoes with a candied pecan topping, dressing (cooked out of the turkey), creamed peas in a vegan roux, and I had maple garlic tofu steaks. It was awesome!  The gravy recipe is amazing, but unfortunately it's at my parents', where I no longer am. I will try my best to remember to ask Mom for it and post it!


Yesterday Bestest and I made chocolate cupcakes with a vegan butter cream. We made little nests, flowers, and grass out of Wilton gum paste. I used vegan jelly beans (thank you Bulk Barn!) and she used chocolate mini eggs to fill the nests. We each took our cupcakes to our respective family dinners. I just love how cute they are!


It was really nice to have a day with my family. We played some cards and shared a great meal. And Mom conveniently got me some 85% chocolate - I'd just run out! I love holidays where we come together for a big meal, and I love it even more now that we've figured out how to make it vegan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment