Monday, April 4, 2011

Produce!!!

I am so so ready for summer, you have no idea. The sun is finally shining, the snow is melting, and I wore a dress today. It's awesome! I've been eating a lot of produce as of late because I'm so darn excited for summer. This morning for breakfast I had half a cantelope, half a pomelo, and a left-over pancake. When we were kids Dad always cut the cantelope so that it stayed in its dome shape: I'm quite impressed I managed to replicate it! The pancakes I made for breakfast yesterday. They're whole wheat with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and chocolate chips. So so good! I also had a cup of sweet tea I brought back from a monastery in China. Perfect way to start a morning. I'm in the midst of term paper writing, hence the giant textbook stack.


For lunch I had left over stir fried bok choy in garlic sauce, tossed with bean thread noodles. I then had a handful of pistachios after class before heading to the grocery store. Right before I left I chopped up some tofu and marinated it. I cheated and started with a pre-made teriyaki sauce, which I added soy sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar to. I left it to sit while I got my groceries and when I came back I made a giant salad, with green leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, roasted red pepper, the marinated tofu, and sesame seeds. I used the left over marinade as dressing. It was fantastic!


In the spirit of summer I also bought some Good Karma Rice Divine Coconut Mango ice cream because it was on sale. I'm going to hold off, though, and have a mango for dessert. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment