Monday, December 27, 2010

Eggnog Cake


We went to my Aunt's place for Christmas dinner, and I was in charge of dessert. I decided to go with an eggnog cake, since I had some soy eggnog (which I like to call snog). I doubled the Golden Vanilla Cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and substituted snog for the normal soy milk. I also added some nutmeg, cinnamon, and a little cardamom (which I didn't really measure). I wasn't sure how long it would need to bake since the instructions were for cupcakes, so I kept checking it every five minutes after the first twenty. It was probably about 40 minutes or so, but I didn't keep great track. That's probably not too accurate, anyways, since I opened the oven a lot, which would have cooled it some.

I decided to ice the cake to look a present. I went with light blue because I don't really like the taste of red, and I would have needed a lot to make a red present. This isn't exactly my best icing job - I did it super fast as we were sitting down for Christmas day waffles. My first plan was a fondant bow but that just didn't happen, so I piped the bow on. My brother got me this awesome Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro for Christmas, so I decided to try it out. I will definitely have to practice a bit with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment