Monday, January 3, 2011

Tomato and "Feta" Quinoa Pilaf

I decided to marinade some tofu to make it feta-like and use it in a tomato quinoa pilaf. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The lemon juice was really nice.



Tofu Marinade
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
Thyme
Basil

I didn't measure the herbs because I used fresh herbs from our window planter. I used a couple sprigs of each. Maybe a teaspoon-ish dried herbs of each would be good. Anyhoo, mix all the ingredients and toss 1 lbs of firm tofu with the sauce. Let marinade for 1 hour, mixing in between.

Pilaf
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water or veggie broth
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 lbs marinaded tofu

Place the quinoa, water, and garlic in a pot over medium. Bring to a boil and turn the heat down, and cook for about 7 minutes. Add the tofu and some of the marinade to the quinoa and cook for about 3 more minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes, quartered). Cook for another minute or so then serve.

2 comments:

  1. That is a seriously nice tablecloth. Is it vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, imported from Victoria, land of the vegan. The bowl is vegan, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete